Latest members of the Chamber of Commerce...
Gardners Lane and Oakwood Federation
BUSINESS LEADERS AGREE TO SET UP NEW COUNTYWIDE VOICE FOR GLOUCESTERSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE CHAMBERS & BUSINESS GROUPS
“At last week’s meeting of Gloucestershire Chambers of Commerce and county-wide Business organisations it was agreed to set up the Association of Gloucestershire Chambers & Business Groups to allow businesses to speak with one voice on the ‘Big issues’” commented Michael Ratcliffe, Chair of the newly formed Association of Gloucestershire Chambers & Business Groups, “We have agreed a number of common objectives and would like to work in partnership with others in making Gloucestershire the UK’s number 1 destination for new business in addition to supporting local businesses across Gloucestershire.”
“Gloucestershire is a great place to live and to do business” commented Kit Havelock-Davies of the Moreton-in-Marsh Business Association “The Association will encourage businesses of all sizes to join their local Chamber of Commerce or Business Organisation in supporting the work of the new Association. We wish to provide an opportunity for businesses to grow by learning from each other and supporting each other through successful networking.”
The Association of Gloucestershire Chambers & Business Groups will be formally launched next month – details to be made available shortly.
The initial aims and objectives will include:
• Promotion of Gloucestershire as a place to live, work and visit
• Providing a centre of support and advice for local chambers and business groups.
• The promotion of good practice through the adoption of the Gloucestershire Chambers Code
• The provision of support and ‘weight’ to both local and countywide issues for our members
• Supporting the case for SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) at both County and National level
• Supporting new businesses locating to Gloucestershire
• Working with GFirst LEP in representing SME’s
• Business networking through shared events and social functions
• Encouraging wider membership across all local chambers and business groups
For further information and comment please contact:
Michael Ratcliffe, Chair of the Association of Gloucestershire Chambers & Business Groups and Chief Executive of Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce – Tel. 01242 544549
Kit Havelock-Davies, Chair of Moreton-in-Marsh Business Association - Tel. 01608 650727