ADMINISTRATOR/SECRETARY (VOLUNTARY/PART-TIME) Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce
The Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been serving and supporting local businesses for over 100 years. We are a not-for-profit business organisation run by a group of dedicated members who volunteer to serve on the Executive Board. We have an eclectic mix of skills and expertise, but the one thing that unites us is our passion to make Cheltenham and the surrounding areas the place to do business in the Southwest.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Executive of the Chamber Committee, this is an important role providing administrative support for the Chamber. The successful individual (or individuals) will often be the first point of contact for enquiries to the Chamber. They will cover a wide range of administration and secretarial tasks for the Chamber.
This is a voluntary role where a consistent number of hours will be needed each week, worked in the Chamber offices in central Cheltenham. However, we are open to looking at different working patterns and will consider taking on more than one applicant in order to share the tasks.
The role is initially a voluntary role until summer 2021, at which point the role will be reviewed.
Duties may be shared amongst more than one volunteer Administrator/Secretary. They include (but are not limited to):
- Dealing with enquiries from a wide variety of sources; local businesses, Chamber committee members, chamber members, the general public, other local organisations and councillors.
- Comfortable communicating via phone, post, face to face and email.
- Preparation of agendas for meetings (including internal Chamber meetings and meetings with Councillors), taking minutes and distributing them accordingly.
- Co-ordination and preparation of the annual AGM (arranging the meeting, preparing papers, taking minutes and distribution of minutes).
- Maintenance of the Chamber website ensuring accuracy of articles (such as updates regarding news, events and articles).
- Updating Member details in the Chamber database.
- Supporting Chamber Committee Executive to arrange and implement a calendar of events (tasks include booking speakers and venues, posting events onto the Chamber website and Eventbrite, acting as host where necessary to welcome attendees).
- Arranging the wreath for Remembrance Day and liaising with the President for the ceremony
- Maintaining the Stripe payment system.
- Preparing and issuing invoices and receipts for payments received.
- Managing bookings and payments for the Chamber Business Centre.
- Exceptionally organised, with a strong can-do attitude and heaps of initiative.
- Having worked in administration/secretarial roles previously.
- IT savvy, able to pick up the Chamber systems and software quickly.
- Customer facing, able to communicate with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Very strong MS office skills (word, excel, powerpoint).
- Minute taking experience also useful.
Benefits of joining the Cheltenham Chamber Committee:
- Benefit from multiple promotional opportunities including advertising on the Chamber Website, networking, promoting your content through the monthly newsletter and public speaking
- Discounted Chamber Membership
- Raise your profile within the business community, increase your network and connections
- Join a growing and dynamic team
- Share your knowledge and skills with a business community that stretches across the county
Hours and location:
- Standard office hours are 9am-5pm Monday – Friday. However, we welcome applicants who may only be able to offer a few hours during the working day. It isn’t essential to be able to cover all of these hours.
- Location: office based in the centre of Cheltenham.
- The role is initially a voluntary role until summer 2021, at which point the role will be reviewed.
If you wish to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey on 07989 970603. To apply, please send a cover letter or email indicating why you’re keen to work with the Chamber, and what previous relevant experience you have. Please include a CV.
31st October 2020