“We’re hiring! We’re looking for a Marketing Executive. Join the Chamber Committee….”
The Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been serving and supporting local businesses for over 100 years. We are a not-for-profit business organisation run by a group of dedicated members who volunteer to serve on the Executive Board. We have an eclectic mix of skills and expertise, but the one thing that unites us is our passion to make Cheltenham and the surrounding areas the place to do business in the Southwest.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive of the Chamber Committee, the Marketing Strategy Executive will facilitate the development and implementation of marketing plans for the Chamber, and co-ordinate resources (including other Chamber Executives) to deliver this activity.
The specific aims of this role are:
- To lead the creation of a marketing strategy and plans that will
- Raise the profile of the Chamber, building on the brand and reputation.
- Develop and promote the services and benefits to increase membership
- Increase member engagement and retention by developing the Membership experience and demonstrating value.
- To co-ordinate and communicate planned activity with the marketing team and the wider committee.
- To work closely with the Marketing Executive to develop and deliver campaigns and marketing materials
- To review and evaluate activity.
- To attend monthly Chamber meetings (currently these are via Zoom).
There is a small team of marketing volunteers who report to this role, including a Marketing Executive, a Social Media Executive, a Newsletter Executive and a Photography Executive.
Benefits of joining the Cheltenham Chamber Committee:
- Benefit from multiple promotional opportunities including advertising on the Chamber Website, networking, promoting your content through the monthly newsletter and public speaking
- Discounted Chamber Membership
- Raise your profile within the business community, increasing your network and connections
- Join a growing and dynamic team
- Share your knowledge and skills with a business community that stretches across the county
- We’re looking for someone who is keen to support the business community in Cheltenham.
- You will have some knowledge of businesses in Gloucestershire, typically gained from working in the area.
- Previous experience of marketing in a B2B environment is essential.
- Previous experience of leading or managing a small team is important.
This is a voluntary position.
If you wish to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey on 07989 970603. To apply, please send a cover letter or email indicating why you’re keen to work with the Chamber, and what previous relevant business experience you have. Please include a CV or provide a detailed LinkedIn profile.
31st August 2020