“We’re hiring! Join the Chamber Committee as the Seminar Executive……. “
The Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been serving and supporting local businesses for over 100 years. We are a not-for-profit business organisation run by a group of dedicated members who volunteer to serve on the Executive Board. We have an eclectic mix of skills and expertise, but the one thing that unites us is our passion to make Cheltenham and the surrounding areas the place to do business in the Southwest.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Chamber seminars provide business advice and learning opportunities to local businesses. They are open to Chamber Members for free and to Non-Members for a small cost. These are an important marketing tool for the chamber, not only in supporting retention of existing Members, but by attracting non-members who may subsequently join. These are held every other month currently, but there is opportunity to increase the frequency of these.
The Seminar Executive will:
- Create a plan of 6 (minimum) seminars / webinars per year
- Arrange speakers to cover a breadth and depth of subjects suitable for the local business audience
- Organise locations, liaise with the speakers and host the 1.5 hour event
- Communicate with attendees before and after the event as required
- Arrange for photography of the event
- Liaise with other relevant committee members to ensure the seminars are promoted on social media, included in the newsletter and added to the website
- Attend meetings (virtual or face to face) with the Chamber VP of Operations to ensure they are kept up to date on seminars planned, attendance figures and feedback
- We’re looking for someone who is keen to support the business community in Cheltenham.
- You will have some knowledge of businesses in Gloucestershire, typically gained from working in the area.
- A business background is important, as you’ll need to identify relevant topics of interest for the seminar content.
- Previous experience of organising business events is helpful although not essential.
Benefits of joining the Cheltenham Chamber Committee:
- Benefit from multiple promotional opportunities including advertising on the Chamber Website, networking, promoting your content through the monthly newsletter and public speaking
- Discounted Chamber Membership
- Raise your profile within the business community, increasing your network and connections
- Join a growing and dynamic team
- Share your knowledge and skills with a business community that stretches across the county
This is a voluntary position.
If you wish to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey on 07989 970603. To apply, please send a cover letter or email indicating why you’re keen to work with the Chamber, and what previous relevant business experience you have. Please include a CV or provide a detailed Linkedin profile.
31st August 2020