CHELTENHAM CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SITE.
What’s in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you register as a member of our Website, upload content to our Website, link to our Website, or interact with our Website in any other way.
Any defined terms used but not defined in this policy shall have the meanings as set out in our Terms of Membership.
We may amend this policy from time to time. Every time you use our Website, please check this policy to ensure that you understand the standards that apply at that time.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.cheltenhamchamber.org.uk is a Website operated by Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce of 2 Trafalgar Street, Cheltenham, Glos., UK GL50 1UH (“We”).
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our Website you accept these terms
By using our Website, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website.
We recommend that you print a copy of this policy for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
The following terms and policies also apply to your use of our Website:
- Our Terms of Membership
- And any editorial guidelines published from time to time in relation to our Website.
We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our Website is only for users in the UK
Our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it unless otherwise stated. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this Website
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the Website, including to their member profiles and to advertising space on our Website. This information and these materials may not have been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other website.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation:
- Member profiles.
- Content articles.
- Meeting room booking services.
We reserve the right (but are not obliged to) moderate any interactive service. Our interactive services are not intended for children.
You warrant that any Contribution does comply with our standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but when you upload or post content to our Website, you grant us a licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display such content in connection with the services that we provide and across different media, and to promote our Website and/or services including to distribute and make it available to third parties. These licences shall expire when we remove your content from our Website or other media.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out herein.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards. Breach of the Content Standards may result in a review and subsequent cancellation of membership. Where applicable, any such breaches may also be reported to the relevant authorities.
- A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be submitted only with permission from its creators.
- A Contribution must not:
- Be misleading.
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Include any profanities.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites unless agreed with us by virtue of your membership to us.
- As a matter of best practice and to enable you and our audience to get the most out of our Website, a Contribution should be:
- Interesting, to provide value to our audience. Be mindful that our audience is primarily businesses based in Gloucestershire, largely in and around Cheltenham.
- Contain a short and interesting title.
- Between 300-2000 words long. If you wish to submit an image as part of a Contribution, ensure it is a high quality image with file size 2MB or smaller. Only submit images where you have all necessary licences and consents to do so.
- Free from links to 3rd party websites (unless prior agreement from the Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been obtained).
- Cite sources of any facts or figures quoted.
- Free from direct sales pitches.
- In sentence case (i.e. not all in capital letters).
- Grammatically correct and free from spelling mistakes.
- Relevant to your business listing on our Website.
- Reasonable and fair.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate. This may involve cancellation of your membership.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the terms of membership, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your membership and/or your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.