ADMINISTRATOR/SECRETARY, Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce
ADMINISTRATOR/SECRETARY (EMPLOYED / PART-TIME/PAID POSITION)
Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce
The Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been serving and supporting local businesses for over 100 years. We are a not-for-profit business organisation run by a group of dedicated members who volunteer to serve on the Executive Board. We have an eclectic mix of skills and expertise, but the one thing that unites us is our passion to make Cheltenham and the surrounding areas the place to do business in the Southwest.
Role & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Executive of the Chamber Committee, this is an important role providing consistent administrative support for the Chamber. The successful individual will often be the first point of contact for enquiries to the Chamber. The individual will cover a wide range of administration and secretarial tasks for the Chamber. This is a part-time, employed role.
Core duties will include:
- Handling customer enquiries via phone, face to face and email.
- Preparing agendas, meeting packs and writing minutes.
- Updating the database, the chamber website and Eventbrite.
- Using the accounts based software for basic bookkeeping (invoices and payments).
- It is essential that the successful candidate is exceptionally IT savvy, able to pick up the Chamber systems and software quickly.
- Organised, with a strong can-do attitude and heaps of initiative.
- Having worked in administration/secretarial roles previously.
- Customer facing, able to communicate with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Experience of working with WordPress is preferred.
- Experience of using an accounting software for basic functions is essential (ideally Stripe, but other experience considered).
- Very strong MS office skills (word, excel, powerpoint).
- Minute taking experience useful.
- Salary: £10 per hour
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rated down for the part-time hours)
- Parking will be paid for by the Chamber
Hours and location:
- This is a permanent position subject to a 3-month probation period.
- Starting on 15 hours per week, with the potential to increase to 20 hours per week in the summer of 2021.
- Hours: 3 hours per day, Monday – Friday. Ideally 9am-12pm, although some flexibility (eg 930am-1230pm or 10am-1pm).
- Location: office based in the centre of Cheltenham.
This is an urgent requirement, to start as soon as possible.
If you wish to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey on 07989 970603. To apply, please send a cover letter or email indicating why you’re keen to work with the Chamber, and what previous relevant experience you have. Please include a CV.