Guarding Your Inbox: 2024 Email Security Essentials
19 March @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm£5.00 – £10.00
Email security is vitally important to any business. Most business do not have the correct settings to keep them safe from spam or phishing. In March 2024 Microsoft and Google will not accept any business e-mails that do not have a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) set correctly. This mean if you send business emails to another business that uses Google or Microsoft as their e-mail provider your email won’t be received and will be rejected or quarantined. This will be hugely inconvenient and will force businesses in the UK to set their SPF record correctly.
In this workshop we will show you how to set your SPF record as well as your DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance) setting correctly and securely. This will ensure your business email continues to work without disruption. It will also drastically reduce the amount of spam email you receive as well as protect you from the majority of phishing emails.
You will need to bring with you:
A laptop that can connect to the Internet over WiFi – this is a hands on workshop but no IT experience is needed
- Have a custom domain name for the business, i.e. not firstname.lastname@example.org, or Hotmail, outlook, but businessname.co.uk or businessname.com
- Bring or know the username and passwords for the following accounts:
- Domain name provider (DNS) – the company you bought the domain from e.g. GoDaddy, NamesCo, 1&1 etc.
- E-mail provider admin account (Microsoft 365, Google workspace, etc)
- Whether you use a Management Service Provider (MSP) or do IT administration in house.
To check whether you need to attend and see your DKIM, DMARC and SPF records are set correctly, sign up for a free account of https://fractalscan.com and click get free account.