The Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce has been serving and supporting local businesses for over 100 years. We are a not-for-profit business organisation run by a group of dedicated members who volunteer to serve on the Executive Board. We have an eclectic mix of skills and expertise, but the one thing that unites us is our passion to make Cheltenham and the surrounding areas the place to do business in the Southwest.
Role & Responsibilities:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Chamber Committee in a new role. The New Member Executive will focus entirely on encouraging new members to join the Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce by attending local online and in-person events.
The New Member Executive will be required to attend a number of events each week (consisting of breakfast, lunch or evenings, some will be in-person events, some will be virtual), representing the Chamber at these events, and be able to talk clearly about the benefits of joining the Chamber.
- We’re looking for someone who has the time and ability to attend a number of events each week, and who has a desire to help the business community in Cheltenham, supporting the aims of the Chamber of Commerce.
- You will have some knowledge of businesses in Gloucestershire, typically gained from working in the area.
Benefits of joining the Cheltenham Chamber Committee:
- Benefit from multiple promotional opportunities including advertising on the Chamber website, networking, promoting your content through the monthly newsletter and public speaking.
- Discounted Chamber membership.
- Raise your profile within the business community, increasing your network and connections.
- Join a growing and dynamic team.
- Share your knowledge and skills with a business community that stretches across the county.
This is a voluntary position.
If you wish to have an informal conversation before applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracey on 07989 970603. To apply, please send a cover letter or email indicating why you’re keen to work with the Chamber, and what previous relevant experience you have. Please include a CV or provide a detailed LinkedIn profile.
Closing date: 17th September 2021