Employees from national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe spent a day helping to build new outdoor facilities at Acorns Children’s Hospice in Worcester.
Teaming up with HandsOn, 55 people from Crowe used their DIY skills to build activity facilities for children and their families.
These included a new outdoor cabin, dismantling an old structure to make way for new facilities, constructing a wooden toy storage shed and they cleared turf and pathways around the gardens.
Tony White, Partner and Chief People Officer at Crowe, said: “This is the second national Crowe Community Day. We launched the programme back in November 2022 with the refurbishment of a children’s adventure playground in East London.”
Johnathan Dudley, Midlands and South West Managing Partner at Crowe, said: “I am very proud to be an Acorns Ambassador and I am delighted that people from our team at Crowe have been able to support the hospice.
“Acorns is an amazing place – they make the time that these young people and their families have together to be the best it possibly can. We really enjoyed taking some time away from our desks to do something really practical to help them. We really care about our communities at Crowe and it’s important to us to give something back.”
Emma Harewood, from the Fundraising Team at Acorns, said: “A huge thank you to Crowe and HandsOn for all their hard work building the outdoor cabin. It looks fantastic and I know the children and young people who use the hospice will be thrilled when they see it!
“A major part of the work we do is making memories for families. Our gardens are places for reflection and wellbeing, where children can play and where memories are made. The work that the team at Crowe has done is vital to Acorns and we really appreciate it.”
Tony White added: “At Crowe we acknowledge the role we play in, not only the career development of the great people that work for us and the clients that we support daily with the professional service they expect but also our support for the local communities and great charitable causes that we want to support throughout the year.
“We hope that the work we have done leaves a lasting legacy that can provide support and amenities that the hospice and its team, children and families can use for many years to come.”
The charity HandsOn designs and build new facilities for communities, schools and charities all over the UK, often involving local companies and organisations to deliver projects. These facilities can be anything from outdoor classrooms to community gardens to exciting playgrounds for children.
- Jennifer Spencer Charles, Senior Communications Manager, +44 (0)20 7842 5273, Jennifer.Sencer-Charles@crowe.co.uk
Crowe is a national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm offering global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world. With exceptional knowledge of the business environment, our professionals share one commitment, to deliver excellence.
We are trusted by thousands of clients for our specialist advice, our ability to make smart decisions and our readiness to provide lasting value. Our broad technical expertise and deep market knowledge means we are well placed to offer insight and pragmatic advice to all the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Close working relationships are at the heart of our effective service delivery.
For more information, visit: www.crowe.co.uk
Crowe industry recognition
- UK Member of one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world (International Accounting Bulletin World Survey 2022)
- Top charity auditor for 14 consecutive years (Charity Financials Auditor Benchmarking and Charity Finance Audit Survey, 2009 – 2022)
- Awarded Silver in the 2022 Citywealth Brand Management and Reputation awards – Best Overall Marketing Campaign category for Your Life Builder
- Awarded Bronze in the 2023 Citywealth Magic Circle awards
- Ranked 5th in the AIM auditors ranking by number of audits (AIM Advisers Rankings Guide, January 2022)
- 9th largest audit firm in the UK (UK fee income of audit firms that audit PIEs – by fee income on audit, FRC Key Facts and Trends in the Accountancy Profession, Figure 33, July 2021)
- Risk Consultancy of the Year 2022 for the third consecutive year (InsuranceERM)